You can call us at 703-462-8145 to help you schedule an appointment or follow the steps below to schedule one online.
Click here to go to our new-patient portal and register. You will be asked to choose a location. You can find our location details here.
Day Of Your Appointment
On the day of your appointment please bring your Government ID and you Health Insurance ID. Please arrive at least 10 minutes prior to your appointment time. If you need to cancel or reschedule please call us at least 24 hours prior to your appointment.
Once you have created your account you will be able to request an appointment. The “Appointment” option should appear on the left menu after you login.
We look forward to seeing you!
You will receive a confirmation call from our team with the details of your appointment.
Your Appointment Checklist
Before Your Appointment
- Make a list of your symptoms and questions.
- Make a list of all medications and any previous surgeries.
- Gather and bring important medical records and laboratory test reports from other doctors or hospitals (including X-rays, MRIs, and lab results).
- Check with your insurance provider to see if a referral is needed.
- Call before your visit to tell the office if you have special needs.
- If your problem involves walking and/or exercise, bring your walking/exercise shoes with you to the appointment.
During Your Visit
- Go over your list of questions.
- If you do not understand an answer, be sure to ask for further explanation.
- Take notes and listen carefully.
- Discuss your symptoms and any recent changes you may have noticed.
- Talk about all new medications.
- Ask why it has been prescribed, and how to take it.
- Describe any allergies.
- Tell your podiatrist if you are pregnant or if you are trying to get pregnant.
- Let your podiatrist know if you are being treated by other doctors.
After Your Visit
- Prepare for any tests your podiatrist orders.
- Ask about what you need to do to get ready, possible side effects, and when you can expect results.
- Ask when and how the test results will be made available to you.
- Schedule a follow-up appointment (if necessary) before you leave your podiatrist’s office.
- Call your podiatrist’s office and ask for your test results if you do not hear from the office when you are supposed to.